The C&C Experience
The C&C Experience
Designed for you with confidence sewn-in.
What is the Corsetry & Couture Experience?
It’s a bespoke, fun design & make process with you at the heart of it.
It’s about creating exactly what you’re looking for – a truly unique, totally you corset, wedding dress or evening wear. (Without the stress of searching for ‘the one’!).
Where every detail is designed exclusively for you, with your style, curves & quirks in mind.
It’s about you being relaxed – having a giggle as we work together and a few ‘goosebump’ moments, too.
It’s about making you feel amazing – with an expertly made, meticulously finished,
Aimee designed and made a stunning piece for me.
Absolutely love it. Thank you soo much xx.”
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS
Six Simple Steps to Creating Your Dream Dress, Evening Wear or Corset
Dream Design Sign Off
The Cut & Curves Fitting
The ‘Real Thing’ Fitting
The Finale Fitting
Goosebumps… it’s All Yours!
Step one : Quirks & Curves – Discovery Meeting
Come along to The C&C Studio where we’ll have a cuppa and get to know each other a little.
(For corsets, we can do zoom or phone if you’re too far to visit. However, for bridal or evening wear, you need to do this in-person and be able to come to the studio for all fittings.)
What we’ll do…
- Find out all about you, your ideas and style preferences – and how we can make your garment scream ‘you’!
- Talk about anything you’ve already tried on – and loved or loathed!
- Bring images of things you love (from magazines or on Pinterest).
- Carefully take all your measurements in our curtained fitting room. (If it’s a zoom call, we’ll tell you how to measure yourself.)
Note: We’ve measured enough bodies to know, there’s no such thing as a “standard size”. (There’s nothing “standard” about you, right?) We’ve seen it all, so please don’t worry.
- Talk about any bits you want to highlight, enhance…or cover up!
Note: Free body therapy thrown in! We’re here to listen and help you feel your best.
(Aimee is a genius at making people fall in love with themselves!)
- Browse our fabrics and sample books – we have a huge selection from laces, to Duchess satins, Dupion silks, chiffon, organza, taffeta and velvets. In every colour of the rainbow.
- Explore our embellishments and other techniques such as hand-painting and embroidery.
- Aimee will sketch out some initial ideas with your input.
- By the end of the meeting we’ll have developed your unique design brief. You can leave feeling excited, knowing that you’re in expert hands.
Following the meeting, Aimee will begin to do her magic – designing just what you’ve been dreaming of.
Step two : Dream Design – The Sign-Off
Aimee will share her ideas and sketches – making any changes or additions you’d like until your 100% happy with the final design and fabrics.
Following sign-off, Aimee will make a mock-up of your design, using calico fabric.
Step three : Cut & Curves – The First Fitting
- Try on your mock-up and check you’re happy with the cut, shape and style – as well as ensuring everything fits.
- Hopefully, it will be just as you imagined, but if anything doesn’t feel quite right, then this is your chance to make any final adjustments to the design.
Following the fitting, Aimee will make the real thing!
Step four : The Real Thing – Fitting
(For Bridal, this will take place 12 weeks before the big day.)
In this fitting, you’ll finally get to try on the real thing – and fall in love with it.
- The overall fit (bring the underwear you’ll be wearing!)
- If it’s a dress, we’ll pin the hem (you’ll need the correct shoes)
- The finer details for correct positioning on your body (e.g. embellishments, neckline, seams etc.)
You can also try on any of our C&C accessories to add the finishing touches.
Following this fitting, Aimee will make any adjustments and complete any hand-finished elements.
Step five : OMG – The Final Fitting
Bring your tissues – there’s bound to be tears of joy. (If not from you, then definitely Aimee!) .
This is the goosebump moment when you see how truly fabulous you look and feel in your bespoke C&C piece.
For bridal, this will take place 4 weeks before the big day. It should be perfect, but this still leaves time for any final adjustments. Please bring whoever will be dressing you on the day to this fitting.
Following your final fitting, we’ll ensure your item is 100% perfect and we’ll let you know when you can collect it.
Step six : Goosebumps – It’s All Yours
Collect and enjoy!
(We can post some items e.g. corsets and accessories.)
BRIDAL: Collect as close to the wedding date as possible. It will be steamed and bagged ready to go. After checking and signing-off, you’ll be advised on how to transport and hang your dress.
Aimee is happy to deliver to the local area and offers a bridal dressing service for local brides (prices start from £70 depending on location and hours needed).
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
You're TIRED of searching
You’ve hunted for the perfect dress, outfit or corset – “off the peg” solutions just aren’t doing it for you.
You want the RIGHT FIT
You’ve spent ages trying things on and feeling a bit ‘meh’ because it doesn’t fit in all the right places or it’s just not you.
You want STRESS-FREE
You think finding your perfect fit should be a fun experience with someone who gets and accepts you.
You want QUALITY
Something that’s expertly made to your measurements.
You want SPECIAL
Something special, unique or different – something that screams ‘you’.
You want AMAZING
You want to look and feel amazing!